The Q Link free tablet program is an excellent way for those who need a tablet to access one at no cost other than what they already pay for their plan. It gives them the same basic features as an Android smartphone. Still, it adds a larger screen size and capabilities that make it easier for people who have disabilities such as visual impairments or limited dexterity.
Of course, it is a free tablet, so it will not be made of top-notch quality; however, it is suitable for someone who needs an electronic device for essential services. This article will tell you how to be eligible for the Q Link free tablet and how to apply for it as well. Without any further due, let’s get started!
Are you in need of a Qlink free tablet but don’t know where to start? After this article, you can get your own in no time.
- Telecommunication company Q Link gives away free tablets to some users.
- You have to be part of the Lifeline program and qualify for three cases of the emergency broadband benefit, free tablet Q link.
- You have to submit the necessary copies of the documents via a website to apply.
- If you don’t qualify, you can get the tablet for $10.01, the copay money.
What Is QLink Free Tablet?
Q Link, the free tablet, is a program to help people who can’t afford expensive tablets. Q Link telecommunications is an American company that was the fastest-growing tech company in 2019. The company is also known for giving free wireless services to Lifeline eligible American consumers.
Eligible Lifeline consumers are the ones that can get this free tablet along with free unlimited services. However, this tablet will cost money to those who are not eligible, and it is still very cheap at $10.01, so don’t worry.
It is a Scepter 8 tablet that has Android 11 (Go edition) and comes with a front and back camera. There is a charger included in the package, and you can buy an SD card to increase the memory of the device.
Q Link Plan Additional Features
Here are some more great features of the Lifeline plan and the reasons you should get it.
- Nationwide coverage: With this tablet and its services, you can call anywhere in the United States, and if they have service, you can talk for as long as you want.
- Caller ID: Whenever someone calls you, their caller ID will be visible, so you know who is calling you or messaging you.
- Voicemail: If you can’t pick up calls, the person can leave you a voicemail on your tablet. Moreover, you can also leave voicemails on other devices.
- Free domestic roaming: This means your mobile will connect to partner networks in areas where Q Link service is not available. As a result, you will always have a network within the United States.
- Call forwarding: Q Link has its own “Find me, Follow me” service, which allows users to forward any calls that are made to their Q Link tablet to another number. Therefore, you can receive calls even when away from your device.
- Call waiting: Their tablet has a call waiting feature that allows you to put one call on hold and receive the other one. You can even cancel the other call and send it to voicemail.
- Wi-Fi connectivity: The tablets connect to any Wi-Fi network available with ease. You can use it to scroll the web with ease.
- Three-way calling: 3-way calling allows you to add one more person to any call. The perfect way to talk with friends.
- Free Calls to 911: If you are in an emergency and have run out of minutes, you can contact 911 for free. A great emergency service that will always keep you safe.
Why Should I Activate A Q Link Tablet?
The biggest reason you should get the Q Link tablet is that it is free for Lifeline Americans and extremely cheap for the ones that are not eligible.
In addition to that, with the tablet, you can also get free unlimited calls, unlimited messages, and 3GB of internet each month if you are in the Lifeline program. The tablet is also completely functional and offers many benefits. Who doesn’t want a free tablet with free unlimited features?
For the free tablet, you will need to be part of the Lifeline program, but what is that? In simple terms, it is to help low-income families and people by making wireline and wireless services more accessible for them. Following are people who can qualify for the program; you need to have at least one of the features.
- The applicant’s earnings must be at or below 135% of the federal poverty guidelines.
- You also need to be part of specific federal assistance programs, such as the ones listed below. You can check if you qualify by going to their website and clicking “do I qualify?”
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Supplemental Security Income
- Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit
- Some Tribal Programs
Once you are part of the Lifeline program, you then need to be part of three cases of the emergency broadband benefit free tablet Q link. Following are the conditions for that.
- Low income.
- Participates in SNAP, Federal Public Housing Assistance, Medicaid, SSI, and more.
- Relies on reduced and free -price school meals.
- During the current award, year received a Federal Pell Grant
- Since February 29, 2020, many people suffered a huge loss in income due to job loss or other reasons, and household income in total is at or below $99,000 for single taxpayers and $198,000 for joint filers.
If you fit all of these criteria, you will get the free tab and also unlimited calls and internet data.
The types of phones that Q Link supports have changed from time to time. You can go to the nearest shop to see the types of phones they are selling right now. Most of the time, they have all the popular brands available.
Regardless, all phones have a touchscreen, a camera, video recording abilities, Wi-Fi connection, and much more, so they are functional. Moreover, the smartphones you buy from them are at a discounted rate. Some of the brands found here are listed below.
This is a French brand of mobile phones and tablets. They have cheap mobile phones that can be afforded by many. The company has many different mobile phones, tablets, and other electronics available. Q Link Shop has most of the latest models in their showrooms that you can go and check.
This is a Chinese multinational company that is affordable. Many people compare it to Samsung, considering the high battery power and camera quality. The company has mobile devices in over 170 countries, which means their devices are pretty famous among the masses. The company, in fact, overtook Apple in 2018 as the second-largest manufacturer of smartphones.
LG is a popular brand that has headquarters all over the world. They are known for making home appliances, TVs, and now mobile phones. Its headquarters are in South Korea, and it is a leading company in the technological field. The company is known for excellent quality products as it has been in the industry since the 1950s.
This is one of the most famous mobile phone brands that have high-quality smartphones. It originated in South Korea and is the world’s largest producer of electronic devices. The iPhone and Samsung are the most well-known mobile devices. Q Link showrooms have a variety of Samsung mobiles, from cheap ones to some more expensive ones.
How Do I Get My Free Q Link Tablet?
It is quite easy to get the free tab once you match all requirements. Here are the steps that you should take.
- Government assistance documents: The documents that say that you are in some form of the government assistance program. Make sure to send copies of documents and not the original ones.
- Annual income: You also need to send them your annual income to make sure the annual income is below federal poverty guidelines.
- Address: Next, you have to send documents of your current address and duplicate address.
- Loss of income: You also send proof of substantial loss of income during the pandemic.
- Identity documents: Lastly, you need some identification documents like national or state ID, driving license, passport, etc.
After you gather the documents enter the program through the link and submit the documents. You will get a notification if you are selected to get the free tablet.
If you’re interested in receiving this tablet, then you should call Q Link Wireless to confirm eligibility and let them know that tablets are available now. You can also head over to the Q Link website and click on the “Free Phone” tab at the upper top of their homepage to learn more about what a free phone from Q Link looks like.
Now you know how to apply for the free tablet. Even if you are not qualified, you can still get it for very cheap!