Night Owl HD is an unorthodox surveillance mobile application that enables users to monitor, manage, and control Night Owl DVRs. Also, it helps users to monitor remote IP cameras and even record live events on their mobile phones with an internet connection. Seeing these benefits, you may wonder if it’s possible to download the Night Owl HD for PC.
Sadly, Night Owl HD has no PC version, as it’s only available in mobile app versions. But, using an Android emulator, you can access Night Owl HD as though your PC is a mobile device. There are specific emulators you should use to open the Night Owl, such as BlueStacks and MEmu emulators.
This article provides straightforward procedures for using the night owl HD app for mac. Follow these steps, and you’d be able to use the innovative surveillance mobile application on your PC.
- Can You Use Night Owl Hd For Your Mac/Windows & Pc?
- How to Download Night Owl HD App On PC
- How To Set Up Night Owl HD On Pc?
- Key Features of Night Owl HD App
- Some Alternative Apps To Night Owl HD
- Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Use Night Owl Hd For Your Mac/Windows & Pc?
You can’t use the Night Owl HD for Mac or Windows devices directly. This is because it’s not available for PC devices but only for smartphones. That said, the only way you can use the Night Owl HD on your PC is by opening the Night Owl HD app on your PC through an emulator. These emulators are software applications that enable your Windows, Mac, and Linux computers to open Android and iOS applications.
Night Owl Hd Specifications
|Name||Night Owl HD|
|Category||Video Players & Editors|
|Developed By||Night Owl SP LLC.|
|Minimum Required Level||Android 4.4.|
|Updated||November 2, 2018.|
How to Download Night Owl HD App On PC
You can’t access Night Owl HD directly on your PC, except by using an Android emulator. These emulators make it possible for you to install ad interact with Android applications and games just as you would with your mobile phone. So, let’s look at how you can download night owl HD for PC using two advanced Android emulators.
1. Download Night Owl HD App On PC – BlueStacks Method
This lightweight super-fast, and high-performance Android emulator provides users with one of the best Android experiences on a PC. These are the steps on how to get the night owl download on your BlueStacks.
Step 1: Download and Install
First, you need to download and install the BlueStacks Android emulator. Then, follow the steps to install the software on your computer, as they are all easy to understand.
Step 2: Run the app
When you’ve finished installing BlueStacks on your PC, it will create a shortcut icon on your Windows desktop. Double click on that icon to run the software.
Step 3: Log in to your Google account
In the BlueStacks emulator, navigate to Google Play Store and open it, then log in to your Google account.
Step 4: Download Night Owl HD
After logging into Google, open the Play Store app, search for Night Owl HD, and download it. Once you have successfully downloaded Night Owl HD in your BlueStacks emulator.
2. Download Night Owl HD App On PC – MEmu Method
Step 1: Download and Install MEmu
You need to download the MEmu emulator from the official website and install it completely on your computer.
Step 2: Run MEmu
When you finish installing it, the software will create two shortcut icons on your desktop, Multi-MEmu, and MEmu. Double click on the MEmu icon and run the software.
Step 3: Log in to your Google account
After running the emulator, Navigate to Google Play Store and sign in to your Google account. Then, search for the Night Owl HD and install the application.
Step 4: Open Night Owl
When you’ve successfully done that, open the application and use it. Remember that Night Owl HD uses an internet connection to connect your device with IP cameras and Night Owl HD DVRs. So, ensure to connect your laptop to the internet to access the cameras.
How To Set Up Night Owl HD On Pc?
Now that we’ve understood the above let’s look at how to set up the Night Owl HD for PC with the Night Owl cameras or other compatible IP cameras.
- When you open the application for the first time, click on the ‘Create account’ button, follow the T&Cs and accept them by clicking ‘Agree.’
- On the create account page, fill out the form by filling in a valid email account.
- After that, check your email and verify your account, then confirm.
- Once you have successfully confirmed your email, then log into the app and select ‘Next.’
- Then, ensure to plug your IP camera into a power outlet or power on.
- When your camera is in pairing mode, click on the plus ‘+’ symbol and allow your mobile device to scan for the camera.
- When your app discovers the pairing camera, it will display as NOIP. Next, click on the NOIP camera from the list.
- Then choose the Wi-Fi network that will connect your mobile device to the camera and tap ‘Next.’
- After connecting your camera, you will need to name the camera. Do that and select ‘Done.’
Key Features of Night Owl HD App
- Very easy to set up your device with the Owl Scan cameras.
- The application allows users to customize camera channel names remotely.
- Allows you to save images and videos directly on your smartphone and also share through email, text, or social media.
- You can configure the push notifications and alerts for each channel via smartphone.
- Night Owl HD also allows you to share videos in MP4 format through social media or email.
- Improved streaming stability for enhancing mobile app connectivity and retrieving push notifications.
- Access to multiple channel real-time feedbacks (ranging up to 4/8/16/32 video channels).
- Allows users to personalize views and even save favorites (available only for iPads).
- Access to many DVR system connectivities (allows over 100 devices).
- Users can access real-time video and audio logs from DVR systems through 3G/4G or Wi-Fi networks.
- Provides video playback of all recorded videos that are stored on your DVR security system.
Some Alternative Apps To Night Owl HD
1. EZ iCam App
This innovative surveillance mobile application allows you to access, manage, and control your IP cameras live on your smartphone devices. You can also record live events and capture your camera screen on the application. However, like other surveillance camera applications, you’d require an internet connection through Wi-Fi or 3G/4G. Also, using EZ iCam, you can store video and picture logs from your camera right in your local storage.
2. iCSee App
iCSee app is another innovative and highly appreciated surveillance mobile application that allows users to access real-time camera feedback. It enables users to manage not just cameras but digital devices like door locks and doorbells. Users only need to log in or create a new free account and use the application. Also, if you want to create a permanent account, you’d need to input a strong password to prevent third-party intrusion.
3. Hik Connect App
This surveillance mobile software application allows users to manage and control Hikivision series NVRs, DVRs, video intercom gadgets, security control panels, and cameras. It provides real-time camera streaming on your smartphone device. However, you’d need a steady internet connection to access the digital devices on your devices. Thus, ensure to get a Wi-Fi or 3G/4G connection to connect to your cameras.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does night owl have a monthly fee?
Night Owl HD doesn’t have a monthly fee. This is because you are the owner of the IP cameras used to view and monitor your surroundings. Thus, the app is there to help you connect to the surveillance camera, control it, and manage it as much as you like. All you need is an internet connection through Wi-Fi or a 3G/4G network.
Does Night Owl need Internet?
Night Owl HD requires an internet connection to enable you to access your Night Owl IP cameras or DVR security systems remotely. In addition, you will require a bandwidth of up to 35mbps to ensure super-fast video and audio streaming. If you don’t understand how to go about that, contact your Internet Service Providers and have them explain in detail to you.
Can you get Night Owl on PC?
You can’t access the Night Owl HD application on your PC directly without using an Android and iOS emulator. While there are several emulators globally, we recommend using BlueStacks and MEmu emulators. These software applications are not only lightweight and super-fast but high-end.
Are you wondering how to download and access the Night Owl HD for PC? Unfortunately, it’s impossible to access the mobile app on your Windows or Mac without an Android emulator. So, if you want to enjoy this app’s features right on your PC, then ensure to download and install the BlueStacks or MEmu Player Android emulators.
These two emulators provide you with the best quality Android experience. Now that we’ve established all these, you can go on and get the night owl HD download for windows 10 on your PC and control your IP cameras as you wish.