Miracast makes it possible to share your screen with many devices. Even though this program does not come pre-installed on your Mac, PC, or most versions of Windows, you may run and install Miracast for PC using tools such as Bluestacks or MemuplayAndroid Emulators.
Although the methods may be complex, the primary purpose of this post is to provide a thorough walkthrough of the process. In the end, you will be able to use the Miracastapp on your PC (windows or mac).
- Can you use a Miracast for your PC / Mac & Windows?
- How to Download Miracast on a PC?
- Features of Miracast App
- Related Apps of Miracast for Windows/PC
- Frequently Asked Questions
Can you use a Miracast for your PC / Mac & Windows?
Yes. However, to download the Miracast app for PC, you will need to use an emulator because there are no direct download options for the web-based software compatible with your PC.
What is Miracast?
Miracast is a technology that allows screens to be connected to a range of devices without using a cord. It is a wireless display standard formed by the WIFI Alliance. It is a tool that lets two devices be detected and paired, with one’s screen projecting on the other’s screen.
Miracastis best defined as “HDMI over Wi-Fi,” replacing the device and display connection. It’s a peer-to-peer network that, like Bluetooth, leverages WIFI Direct connections to transmit screencasts without using wire. Users can use this to display the content of many devices, such as smartphones and anything else that can support this technology on TV displays.
Most modern products, like Smart TVs and smartphones, may support this technology, so you may be using it without knowing it. To share the screen between our devices, we will need to have a Wi-Fi connection on them.
This technology is rooted in a wide variety of modern items worldwide. Miracast also supports 1080p (Full HD) resolutions and 5.1 surround sound; it also supports 4k resolutions. The video data is transmitted in the H.264 format through a wireless connection, the most widely used HD video encoding method today. Unlike other protocols like Apple’s AirPlay and Google Cast, Miracast is meant to be a cross-platform standard.
How to Download Miracast on a PC?
Only Android smartphones and Smart TVs may be more receptive to the Miracast app. The explanation for this is not hard to imagine, given that the software is only available on such smartphones. In addition, the Miracast for Mac, PC, and Windows versions are unavailable.
That doesn’t mean that having the Miracast app on your PC is impossible. The good news is that technology has made a lot of things simple. For example, you can use an android emulator software (and hardware) to download and install Miracast for PC. It replaces the connection that connects the device to the display. That is to say, this technology renders the cable out of date, making people’s lives easier.
Miracast Download for PC Windows 10/8/7 Using BlueStacks
Bluestacks provides rapid answers to any problem on Windows 7 to 10 and Mac computers. In addition, Bluestacks is one of the greatest Android emulators for your PC. This allows you to utilize and install apps not available for your computer.
- Go to the website and download the Bluestack Android emulator for your Mac, PC, or Windows.
- To run the just downloaded file, double-click it on your pc.
- A wizard will show up to guide you through the installation process. When it does, follow the on-screen instructions, and the emulator will be ready to use.
- Open the emulator by double-clicking the Bluestacks icon on the desktop.
- Go to Playstore and type Miracast into the search field.
- Locate the app, download it, and wait for it to install.
- Once the setup is done, you can open the app and start using it.
Miracast Download for PC Windows 10/8/7 Using MemuPlay
MEmu is an Android Emulator program that simulates the Android operating system. It emulates the Android OS user interface, allowing you to load, launch, and uninstall any Android program much like you would with an Android device. You can also use external controllers or your mouse and keyboard to navigate your programs or games.
MEmu gives not only great performance but also amazing visuals to its users. It also has video recording, smart controls, macro keymapping, multiple instances, game automation, command-line scripting, controller compatibility, GPS simulation, and other features.
- Obtain Memuplay.
- To install Memuplay, double-click the Memuplay.exe file.
- Open the app and sign up.
- On the Memuplay home screen, find and pick the Google Play Store app.
- Look for “Miracast for PC” and click the download button.
- Navigate to the Memuplay installed programs folder and look for the Miracast app icon.
Features of Miracast App
- WI-FI certification
- Even if Wi-Fi is unavailable, Miracast enables the seamless sharing of multimedia material between Miracast devices. Miracastallows users to wirelessly transport multimedia files such as high-resolution pictures and high-definition (HD) video between Wi-Fi devices.
- Click the “Action Center” button in the window’s bottom-right corner. Then, with the Miracast PC software, choose “project” to explore various techniques for projecting material to an everlasting display.
- Next, choose “Connect to a wireless display” to check whether Miracast receiver devices are linked to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Most new Android and Windows devices now support Miracast. This category includes tablets, smartphones, PCs, and laptops.
- Windows 10 features Miracast. Miracastis supported by a wide range of Android devices running 4.2 or later.
- To screencast to a Miracast receiver, select the Miracast option from the menu bar and look for a Wi-Fi network with an available user.
Related Apps of Miracast for Windows/PC
Tube Cast App
TubeCast for YouTube allows you to project your favorite YouTube videos from your iPad or iPhone onto your speakers or TV linked to the same connection without any added tool.
You can capture the display and sound from apple devices and voiceover using a microphone with a single click. Similarly, you can record the audio and screen from iOS devices and the voiceover through a mic with a single click.
AirServer is a Mac/PC program that allows users to stream or mirror their iOS device to Mac/PC. The iOS device can use an auxiliary display if the user’s PC is connected to one, such as an HDTV or projector. AirServer supports many iOS device connections and offers image quality choices.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does my PC not support Miracast?
Because Windows 10 only supports Miracast via a valid USB dongle or in conjunction with an Intel graphics chipset, you must ensure that your Intel integrated graphics hardware is activated and up to date.
Wi-Fi disabled: According to certain users, this error message can also appear if the Wi-Fi component is not enabled (when connected via the Intel graphics chipset).
What Devices Support Miracast?
The majority of modern Windows and Android devices already support Miracast. Laptops, tablets, PCs, and cellphones are all included. In addition, Miracast is available on Microsoft’s Windows 10 devices; it is also available on many Android smartphones running version 4.2 or later.
One issue that many people have is which devices can utilize Miracast. Miracast is supported by Android TV devices and other set-top boxes. It is a shame iPhone users can’t use Miracast.
How Can I Update Miracast Drivers On Windows 10?
Miracast is a built-in feature of a Windows 10 device; to upgrade its driver, perform the following steps:
- Right-click the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of your screen and select Properties.
- Select Device Manager.
- When the device manager appears, search for the Display adapter.
- Click the right-pointing arrow (>) to expand it.
- Select Update Driver Software from the context menu when you right-click on your HD Graphics driver.
How to Turn on/Enable Miracast on Windows 10?
Go to Settings by right-clicking on the menu bar in the lower-left area of your device. Next, go to the Device and double-click it in the Settings window. Next, select the Connected devices tab on the left and click the Add a device button on the right.
Then relax and wait for the displays to appear in the list. Next, select the receiving display by clicking on it. After that, you may enable Miracast on Windows 10. Right now, you may set up both Miracast on Windows and the display by pressing Win + P.
Miracast is a screen-mirroring program that allows you to broadcast anything from an Android device or a recent Intel PC to your TV. When it shows in people’s version fields, it without a doubt becomes the best option for Android consumers to utilize. Everything you see on your little screen will appear on the large screen. So, this is how to use Miracast for PC.