AirPods may be custom-built for apple phones, but their designs have a Bluetooth function that works well with other smartphone devices. These AirPods come with various features like auto-switch mode and noise cancellation. Despite these features, many people still don’t know how to check the AirPod battery on Android.
Checking the AirPod battery level of an Android phone requires intricate steps. However, one good thing about having an AirPod is that their system works better with Android smartphones. Therefore, following the proper steps is necessary for checking the battery level of an AirPod using an Android device.
This guide examines how long AirPod batteries last and the alternative ways of checking AirPod batteries on Android.
- As a novice, checking the AirPod battery level on Android might be difficult for you. All you need to do is download AirBattery from the Apple Play Store. Once the app is set up, opening your AirPod’s charging case will launch a pop-up window on the Android device that displays the remaining battery life.
- Android smartphones handle Bluetooth codecs in different ways. Hence, connecting the AirPod might not show the battery levels in some cases.
- You won’t be able to enjoy some of the AirPod’s advanced features meant for Apple users, even though you can use the AirPod on Android.
What Are AirPods?
Apple phones have always included AirPods since the first model in 2016. These AirPods are compatible with iPods, MacBooks, and iPhones, depending on the operating system that comes with the device.
So what are AirPods? AirPods are wireless Bluetooth headphones designed to work with iPods, iPhones, and other Apple-related products. It allows the user to make and receive phone calls, play music, and communicate with Apple’s artificial intelligence, Siri. Since these AirPods are audio Bluetooth devices, it works well with other smartphones and computers.
Some of the features of the AirPod models include:
- Built-In Microphone: All the AirPod models come with a custom-built microphone that allows users to make phone calls. To choose which AirPod’s microphone to use, go to “Settings” > “Bluetooth” and tap on the “i” icon. Next, tap on the “Microphone” button and set it to your preference.
- Noise Cancellation System: One of the main features of the AirPod is its ability to filter out noise levels to match your situation and location. It has a microphone that detects unwanted sounds and filters them with its anti-noise function, removing external sounds.
- Caller Identification: All AirPod models come with a built-in function that informs you whenever someone calls, even when you are not wearing the AirPods. To activate this feature, go to “Settings” > “Phone” and tap on the “Announce Calls” button.
- Headphone Accommodation Feature: The AirPod model for iOS 14 has a built-in function that allows users to adjust some frequencies and make music play more loudly. The headphone accommodation feature is ideal for people who prefer audio quality or suffer from hearing loss. To activate this feature, go to “Settings” > “Audio” and slide the “Headphone Accommodations” option to customize the audio setup to your preference.
- Compatible With Other Devices: AirPods come with custom-built features designed to work with non-Apple devices and other Android devices. To connect with other devices, turn on the device Bluetooth and search for the AirPod name to automatically link them together.
How To Check Airpod Battery On Android?
Checking the battery level of an AirPod involves a series of steps. The first step starts by connecting the AirPod to either an Android or Apple device. In this case, the steps involved in checking the AirPod battery on Android include the following:
- Start by connecting the AirPods to the Android device. Remove the AirPods from the charging case and press the connection button at the back of the charging case until the LED indicator flashes white.
- Go to the Android device’s Bluetooth settings and search for the AirPod with the “Pair New Device”
- Tap the “Pair Device” button when the AirPod name appears on the search option.
- Once the AirPod successfully connects to the Android device, its battery level shows up on the slide bar. Some devices might require you to download a third-party app before the battery level can show up.
Alternative Ways of Checking AirPod Battery
Apart from the traditional method, there are several ways to check the battery level of an AirPod device. Some of the alternative forms of checking AirPod battery level include:
1. Using the AirPod’s Charging Case
You can check the battery level of an AirPod using its charging case. The steps to this method involve the following:
- Make sure the charging case is open by lifting the lid at the top of the case.
- Ensure the AirPods are inside the case before proceeding to the next step.
- Look for the LED light between the interior of the AirPod compartments. The light reflects the charge level of the case.
- If the LED light shows green, the AirPods are at optimal capacity. If it shows amber light, the battery level is lower than expected.
2. Using A MacBook Computer
Anyone can check the battery level of an AirPod using a MacBook computer with the following steps:
- Insert the AirPods inside the charging case and close the lid.
- Switch on the MacBook computer, search for the Bluetooth icon at the top corner and click on it. If you can’t find the icon, search for the Apple logo on the screen. Click on it and go to “System Preferences” from the drop-down menu. Select “Bluetooth” and tick the box to show the menu at the bottom of the window.
- Select your AirPod from the menu list.
- Open the charging case lid and check your AirPod’s battery level under its name as it displays on the MacBook screen.
3. Using An iPhone
An AirPod user can check its battery level using an iPhone with the following steps below:
- Start by pairing the AirPods with your iPhone. Anyone can do this by swiping up and tapping the Bluetooth icon of the iPhone.
- With the Bluetooth on, hold the case near the iPhone, open it and tap connect to pair.
- After connecting to the iPhone, the battery status for the AirPod and charging case will appear at the bottom of the iPhone screen.
4. Without The Charging Case:
Another way of checking the battery level of an AirPod is without the charging case. The steps involved for checking battery level without the case are as follows:
- Start by turning on the Bluetooth on your iPhone device. Go to “Settings” > “Bluetooth” and ensure the slider at the top of the screen is green.
- Tap on any blank space on your iPhone’s screen to make the apps movable and editable.
- Click on the plus sign (+) that comes up, scroll down to the “Batteries” option, and select it.
- Choose a widget size by swiping to the left and clicking on the “Add Widget”
- Rearrange the widget on your home screen and tape “Done.”
- Finally, you can check the battery level of the AirPods without the case. The battery widget shows the battery status of your AirPods, even when it connects to another device.
5. Using the Apple Watch
Another alternative way of checking an AirPods battery status is through the Apple watch. Start by swiping up from the bottom of the watch’s display to open the control center. Tap the battery percentage on the control center page to view the battery level. The Apple Watch is compatible with checking the battery level of AirPod Max and AirPod Pro.
How Long Do AirPods Battery Last?
The battery life of an AirPod comes in different variations depending on the model and features. However, the charging cases for all the AirPod models offer up to 23 hours of additional playtime and additional 17 hours of talk time. The regular AirPods offer a battery life of up to two hours of talk time and up to five hours of music playing time on one charge.
Meanwhile, the AirPod Pro features similar battery life as the regular AirPods. However, when on Noise Cancellation mode, the talk time drops to three hours, and the listening time goes down to four hours.
Checking the battery level of an AirPod using an Android device is one of the simplest things to do. All you need do is follow the basic steps to check an AirPod’s battery on Android, and you are good to go. There are even alternative ways of checking the battery status of an AirPod for people that don’t own Android devices.